The Portkeys BM5 III is a lightweight, rugged 5.5-inch Wide Color Gamut on-camera monitor with 2,200nits of brightness, HDMI/SDI video inputs, one SDI output with HDMI cross-conversion, and wired camera control capabilities.
- 5.5-inch, 10-bit panel with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a 1000:1 contrast ratio.
- Daylight-viewable with a maximum brightness of 2,200nits.
- 1 x 3G-SDI input, 1 x HDMI input, 1 x 3G-SDI output with cross-conversion.
- Professional monitoring tools: Waveform, Vectorscope, Peaking, ARRI False Color.
- 3D LUT monitoring and 3D LUT SDI output capabilities.
- Wired camera control for Sony, Canon, Panasonic, BMD, and Z CAM E2.
- TILTA Nucleus N/M wireless follow focus wired control.
- Built-in Sony NP-F style battery plate.
- 4-pin 7.4V-24V power input for external power (D-Tap cable included).
- Lightweight and rugged aluminum housing: only 351g/12.3oz.
- The BM5 III does not have wireless camera control capabilities. If you need such a feature, please visit the BM5 III WR’s product page.
- 15 days delivery
The Portkeys BM5 III is a robust 5.5-inch on-camera monitor ready for all your next creative adventures thanks to its compact form factor, daylight-viewable touchscreen, four user function buttons, a full suite of professional monitoring tools, and the capability to control your camera.
The housing of the BM5 III is entirely made of rugged aluminum and has toughened glass in front of the display. However, with a weight of only 351g/12.3oz (without battery), you’ll easily forget it on your camera rig.
With a high brightness of 2,200 nits, shooting outside in bright sunlight is no longer a problem. Each BM5 III WLED display is factory color-calibrated and passes strict hardware controls to ensure the most accurate colors. In addition, the 10-bit (8+2 FRC) panel makes color reproduction more accurate with a rich level of color details and no color banding. This 5.5-inch monitor has a FullHD 1920 x 1080 resolution, a large 178° viewing angle, and a 1000:1 contrast ratio.
When it comes to power, with a low power draw of only 16W despite the highly bright 2,200 nits display, the built-in Sony NP-F-style battery plate at the back of the Portkeys BM5 III can power it for hours.
Furthermore, if an external battery powers your camera rig, the monitor features a 4-pin aviation 7.4V-24V power input, so you can use the included D-Tap to 4-pin aviation cables (40cm and 100cm) to power your monitor infinitely. Also, the 4-pin aviation 7.4V power output can power small camera accessories, such as a wireless follow focus motor.
With both SDI and HDMI video inputs, the BM5 III is a future-proof monitor. Also, the SDI video output with HDMI cross-conversion ensures perfect video continuity no matter where the monitor is placed in the video signal chain. The SDI Output can output a clean video feed, but you can also output a 3D LUT and peaking if needed.
Despite its compact form factor, the BM5 III is packed with all the monitoring features you can expect from a professional on-camera monitor, including:
- A high-precision Waveform that you can display in various modes, including full-screen. Also, you can output the Waveform via the SDI output port. In addition, Histogram and Zebra tools are also here to help you judge your exposure.
- 3D LUT monitoring and 3D LUT SDI output. You can load custom LUTs via the USB-A port at the bottom of the monitor and the included USB key.
- ARRI False Color mode and user-defined mode. When you use the user-defined mode, you can freely set the IRE values.
- A new Peaking algorithm to help you nail focus easily. A Zooming feature is also available.
- Framing guides, grids, aspects.
- Image Capture and Image Overlay. Image Capture takes a snapshot of the HDMI or SDI video input (combined with a LUT if desired) and saves it to the monitor’s memory. Then, you can set the transparency/opacity of the Image Overlay. This feature is helpful for shot matching (continuity) or a quick overview of the day’s shots.
- Anamorphic image de-squeeze.
- Sharpness, chroma, brightness, backlight, tint, and color temperature adjustments.
On top of all the professional monitoring features, the Portkeys BM5 III also has wired camera control capabilities. The monitor can control multiple RED, Sony, Canon, Panasonic, BMD, and ZCAM E2 cameras. Furthermore, the BM5 III supports wired control of your TILTA Nucleus N/M wireless follow focus motors, and the focus scale can even be displayed.
Lastly, the optional REC Key can be connected to the Portkeys BM5 III, which gives you an extended recording switch.