The Portkeys PT5 II is an entry-level and very affordable 5-inch Wide Color Gamut touchscreen on-camera monitor. This HDMI-only monitor has a maximum brightness of 500nits and can be powered for hours by Sony NP-F or Canon LP-E6 batteries. Ready for your next creative adventures, the compact and rugged design houses a complete set of professional monitoring tools
- 5-inch, 10-bit panel with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a 1000:1 contrast ratio.
- Maximum brightness of 500nits.
- 1 x HDMI input, 1 x HDMI output, 1 x 3.5mm audio output.
- Maximum input/output resolutions: 4K DCI at 24p or 4K UHD at 30p.
- Professional monitoring tools: Waveform, Histogram, Vectorscope, Peaking, False Color.
- 3D LUT monitoring. Monitoring tools can be set before or after the 3D LUT.
- The dual battery plate accepts Sony NP-F or Canon LP-E6 batteries.
- 5.5mm barrel connector 7.4V-24V power input. 5V USB-A power input.
- Low power draw: only 7W.
- Lightweight and rugged aluminum housing: only 150g/5.29oz.
The Portkeys PT5 II is a lightweight 5-inch on-camera monitor, perfect for content creators and filmmakers starting out or looking for a budget-friendly monitoring solution. Thanks to its polycarbonate housing, it only weighs 150g/5.29oz. At the same time, the toughened glass in front of the touchscreen display will protect it from scratches. With its compact dimensions of only 136 x 72 x 18.3mm, shooting with the PT5 II feels like having a smartphone on your camera, but with many additional useful features to make your life on set easier.
The PT5 II has a maximum brightness of 500 nits, and the 10-bit (8+2 FRC) panel makes color reproduction more accurate with a rich level of color details and no color banding. The 5-inch display has a FullHD 1920 x 1080 resolution, a large 178° viewing angle, and a 1000:1 contrast ratio.
When it comes to monitoring your video signal, the Portkeys PT5 II has all the professional monitoring features you can expect from an on-camera monitor, including:
- Exposure tools: Luma and RGB Waveform, Histogram, False Color, and Zebra to accurately expose the image.
- A new Peaking algorithm to help you nail focus easily.
- 3D LUT monitoring. You can load custom LUTs via the USB port.
- Framing guides, grids, aspects, and Auto image flip.
- Anamorphic image de-squeeze with all the standard ratios (1.33x, 1.5x, 2.0x) and the possibility to enter a custom aspect ratio from 0.25 to 4.0x.
- Audio meters, and you can also monitor your audio signal via the 3.5mm headphone jack on the left side of the PT5 II.
- Sharpness, chroma, brightness, backlight, tint, and color temperature adjustments.
On the left side of the monitor, you’ll find one 4K HDMI input and one 4K HDMI output that can take signals up to 4K DCI at 24p, 4K UHD at 30p, or FullHD 1080p at up to 60p. Also, a 3.5mm headphone jack allows you to monitor your audio signal.
You’ll find a dual built-in battery plate at the back of the Portkeys PT5 II that can take either Sony NP-F or Canon LP-E6 batteries. With a low power draw of only 7W, a single battery can power the monitor for hours.
Also, the 5.5mm barrel connector 7.4-24V power input on the right side of the monitor allows you to run your monitor via an external battery for unlimited time. Lastly