Portkeys BM5 WR monitors the built-in wireless control mode. The monitor supports “camera control” and is compatible with the RED KOMODO camera. You don’t need any cables to make the monitor communicate with the camera. This tutorial will demonstrate to set up wireless camera control RED KOMODO from BM5WR. Portkeys BM5 WR enables users to start/stop recording or adjust shutter speed, white balance, ISO, etc. from the BM5 WR monitor.
Before you begin:
- a. Establishing all physical connections.
- b. Need to connect to the signal (HDMI/SDI) before setting.
How to Connect BM5WR with RED KOMODO via Wi-Fi Connection
1. If you want to realize wireless control RED KOMODO, then you must enable Wi-Fi. To do that, on the KOMODO camera, go to the Main menu > Communication, access to Wi-Fi settings. Select Mode, enable Ad-Hoc.
- Ad-Hoc: KOMODO will create its own network, and the name and password will default to the PIN code of the camera.
- Make sure the SSID setting starts with “KOMODO” or “komodo” and the frequency band is “2.4GHz“.
2. On the monitor, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the “Camera Control” settings.
3. On the “Camera Control” panel, select Wi-Fi/USB camera mode. Click the “Camera” icon to enable the Wi-Fi (ON/OFF) switch.
4. Turn on the Wi-Fi button, then select “Add a new device“, select the Wi-Fi name on the monitor
5. Enter the password, and click the “Connect” button. After a successful connection, the Wi-Fi icon will display the wireless status of the camera.
6. Then, you can use the monitor to control any function of Komodo via the touchscreen in real-time. Parameters such as record, iris, shutter, ISO, and autofocus.
Camera Control Access for RED Komodo
*MANUAL AUTO MODE SWITCHING
Get yours at Portkeys Office Site: https://www.portkeys.com/bm5-wr/
FAQ About PortKeys BM5WR Monitor Wireless Camera Control
Does Portkeys BM5WR wireless camera control works with Red V-Raptor？
Yes. You can control your RED Komodo or RED V-RAPTOR camera with Portkeys BM5WR.
Please note that make sure the SSID setting starts with “KOMODO” or “komodo” and the frequency band is “2.4GHz”.
Does Portkeys BM5WR wireless camera control works with BMPCC 6K？
Yes, you can control the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K/6K/6K Pro with a BM5WR monitor.
Does the Portkeys BM5WR monitor have the ability to control the Sony A7III the same way as LH5P monitor?
Yes, you can use the Portkeys BM4WR monitor wireless camera control the Sony A7III as the LH5P monitor.